Did you know that…
In the United States 130.000.000 computers are throwing away every day. This creates a big concern for municipalities because the amount of electronic waste produced and thrown away is faster than the amount of electronics recycled and properly disposed in The US.
Electronic waste becomes a hazardous risk for our health and the environment during the dismantling process of the parts inside computers, televisions and laptops. There are different heavy metals like lead and mercury on the screens of electronics and circuit boards that are very toxic for humans and the environment.
- Cathode Ray Tubes (CRT) or Liquid Cristal Display (LCD) TVs, DVD players, video cassette recorders
- Computer monitors and peripherals, laptops, printers, fax machines
- Wireless telephones, cell phones, answering machine
- Stereo equipment, jumpbox, iPods, Xbox, Wii
- Microwaves, calculators, cables and wires