• Cathode Ray Tubes (CRT) or Liquid Cristal Display (LCD) TVs, DVD players and video cassette recorders
• Computer monitors and peripherals
• Laptops, printers and fax machines
• Wireless telephones, cell phones and answering machines
• Stereo equipment, jump box, iPods and tablets
• Microwaves, calculators, cables and wires
• Alkaline (AAA, AA, C, D)
• Carbon Zinc
• Lithium (coin, button, AA and nine-volt )
• Rechargeable (Nickel-Cadmium)
• Silver Oxide (button cells)
• Zinc Air (button cells)
• Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
• Fluorescent Tubes
• Halogen Bulbs
• Metal Halide Bulbs
• U-Bend Shaped Fluorescent Bulbs
• Circular Fluorescent Tubes
• LED Bulbs
• Ballasts Containing Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
Household Cleaning Products
• Detergents, ammonia and tile cleaners
• Tub cleaners, bleach-base cleaners and window cleaners
• Oven cleaners, polishes and air fresheners
Personal Care Products
• Beauty products in aerosol cans
• Hair color kits
• Hair sprays
• Nail polishes
• Nail removers
Paint Related Products
• Latex paint, oil base paint and aerosol paint cans
• Solvents, adhesives and paint removers
• Wood preservatives and wood finishes
• Roofing tar, putty, caulk and glues
• Fertilizers, herbicides and fungicides
• Pesticides, insecticides and rodenticide
Auto Care Products
• Motor oil and oil filters
• Gasoline and diesel
• Antifreeze, brake fluid and transmission fluid
• Car batteries, waxes and polishes
• Hypodermic, intravenous and pen needles and other devices that are used to penetrate the skin for the delivery of medications.
• Sharps are ONLY accepted in designated containers for sharps disposal (if available, we provide ONE designated sharp container free of charge per resident at the HHWF. Otherwise, you can buy these containers at retail pharmacies or online).
• A resident can drop-off two sharp containers once a week (2 gallons).
• We DO NOT accept expired medications.
• Find drop-off locations for sharps and medications at Zero Waste Marin.
• Roof shingles, floor and ceiling tiles
• Siding and insulation (ducts, furnaces, pipes)
• When planning in hiring a contractor to remove asbestos from your home, make sure to contact us first since we will ONLY accept asbestos in a set of plastic bags that is provided by us at no cost.
• Each asbestos bag has to be sealed with duct tape and double bag.
• Each bag holds up to 50 lbs.
• Only 100 lbs. of asbestos are accepted per household once a week.
• Damaged or improperly contained bags for asbestos won’t be accepted.
• ONLY liquid cooking oils are accepted.
• Any cooking oils that have been solidified, could be dispose in your composting waste cart at home. Do not place big amounts all at once.
• Propane and butane gas cylinders
• Cylinders larger than 5 gallons are not accepted
• CO2 cylinders for soda machines
Less common wastes
• Mercury containing devices: thermometers, switches and relays
• Pool chemicals (5 gallon limit once a week)
• Photo chemicals (fixers and developers)
• Road Flares (Up to 5 flares per household. We DO NOT accept marine flares)